“What can I eat on the Paleo diet?!”
Eating like ancient humans sure sounds cool. But it brings up a lot of questions:
- Is grass-fed cattle similar to the wild game Paleolithic people hunted?
- Are potatoes okay? What about sweet potatoes?
- What cooking oil should I use? (Did Uncle Grok even use cooking oil?)
- Do I have to give up all sweets?
It can also be tricky to figure which foods fit into which macronutrient categories. Like bacon, for instance. Is it a protein? Or a fat? Or both? (More importantly, can I eat it?)
Questions like these are why we created this handy, Paleo food list infographic for folks who want to give it a go.
Fair warning: Most Paleo food lists give you a lot of hard-and-fast rules. So you might notice that our list… is a bit different.
First, we showcased minimally-processed foods typically encouraged on the Paleo diet in an “eat more” section. If you’re a Paleo purist, you’ll want to choose most (or all) of your foods from that category.
If you’re more flexible, you’ll see that we’ve sorted highly-processed foods as well as some foods typically seen as Paleo “no-no’s” into “eat some” and “eat less” buckets.
Take ice cream. Ancient humans didn’t have freezers. Nor did they have Rocky Road. But maybe you want to have a small scoop once a week with your kids. Are you still on the Paleo diet?
According to our Paleo food list, you are.
By thinking of foods on a continuum from “eat more” to “eat less,” you’ll be able to occasionally indulge in ice cream and other cherished foods while staying true to Paleo ideals most of the time. You’ll also be able to ease into the Paleo diet rather than starting… and stopping… and starting… and stopping.
Plus, as you put more focus on the “eat more” category, you’ll probably find that you naturally “eat less” from the other categories.
Use our continuums to make Paleo choices that are “just a little bit better,” whether you’re browsing the grocery store aisles, cooking a homemade meal, or ordering from a menu.
(And if you want a FREE Paleo diet nutrition plan that instantly gives you the amounts of calories, protein, carbs, and fat you need to achieve your goals, check out the Precision Nutrition Calculator.)
Download this infographic for your tablet or printer and use the step-by-step process to decide which foods match your (or your clients’) Paleo goals.
In our elite mentorship program, you’ll get personal guidance from our industry-leading coaches—and be able to confidently deliver world-class results for clients of all backgrounds, lifestyles, and needs. Join the top 1% of coaches.
If you’re ready to level up your coaching skills and feel confident you can guide any client to a lasting health transformation, we’ve got some big news for you:
In April 2024, we’ll open registration for the next cohort of the PN Master Health Coaching Certification, the industry’s most respected practice-based mentorship.
Inside the Master Health Coaching Certification, you’ll learn a skill set and be able to earn a credential that will distinguish you as an elite coach:
The ability to use behavior change psychology to help any client achieve sustainable, meaningful change. And the credential of being a Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach.
It’s the only program in the world where you’ll learn the secrets of behavior change psychology through live mentorship.
Because, while knowing the science of nutrition and fitness is important, it’s not enough. In order to actually create change, you need a deep understanding of behavior change psychology.
We’ve applied this understanding with our coaching programs to help over 100,000 clients achieve lasting health transformations—something nobody else can say.
And now, we’re ready to share our hard-earned wisdom with you.
Through real-world coaching scenarios, hands-on assignments, and mentoring sessions with PN’s industry-leading Master Health Coaches, you’ll learn how to prioritize a client’s challenges, help them remove obstacles holding them back, and how to create unique, actionable coaching plans for every client, addressing their:
- Stress management
- Mental health
- Emotional wellbeing
This mentorship program is where the world’s best coaches come to take the next steps in their careers.
At the end of your 20-week program, you’ll be a Master Health Coach—confident in your ability to guide any client towards a meaningful, lasting health transformation.
After joining, you’ll:
- Help any client achieve sustainable, meaningful change by leveraging behavior-change psychology.
- Eliminate impostor syndrome and feel more confident in your skills than ever before by integrating proven methods used by the world’s top health and well-being coaches into your coaching practice.
- Become an authority in the health and well-being space. As you learn from PN’s industry-leading coaches and network with some of the sharpest minds in the industry, you’ll build the confidence to share your expertise with anyone, anytime.
- Make more money and achieve financial freedom. Whether you decide to take on the full-time role of “health coach”, or you want to expand on your current work as a health and well-being professional, health coaching is a great way to help more people.
Enrollment is currently closed. Doors will open again in April 2024.
If you’re interested, or just want more information, you should strongly consider signing up for the free no-obligation waitlist below.
And by joining the free Waitlist, you’ll get our best price, exclusive perks, and early access when registration opens.
- Pay less than everyone else. Get our biggest discount off the general public price when you sign up for the waitlist.
- Sign up 10 days before the general public. We only open the PN Master Health Coaching Certification a few times per year. Due to high demand, we expect it to sell out fast. But when you sign up for the waitlist, we’ll give you the opportunity to register 10 days before anyone else.
- Receive our free Enrollment Packet—with success stories, details on Board Certification, info on curriculum, and much more