Jeff Novick is known as an insightful, straight-shooting dietitian who debunks a lot of the food industry’s misinformation with humor and useful tips. I caught up with him to ask 6 important questions about eating and health.
There aren’t many nutrition professionals that I admire. But Jeff Novick is one of them. I’ve seen him speak, read his articles and watched his DVDs.
The information he presents is always instructive, entertaining and practical. He’s a “real life” dietitian, not a “sit-back-with-a-clipboard” non-practical dietitian.
Consider his training and experience. He has degrees in both nutrition and exercise. He’s a registered dietitian. He’s worked with Dr. John McDougall and the Pritikin Longevity Center. He’s even worked with Kraft.
And, on top of it all, he practices what he preaches. So, I wanted to catch up with him and get his answers on 6 questions related to eating and health.
1. What are the top 3 things you see people do to mess up their nutrition?
- Too many refined and processed foods (including sugars, oils and fats)
- Too many animal based foods (including dairy)
- Not understanding the difference between information that is really marketing and advertising and information that is truly credible science.
2. How has your perspective on nutrition changed over the years?
I now focus more on translating the information to the client in the simplest most practical and user-friendly way.
Jeff Novick on how to fix our health care system
3. What is your favorite quote?
“Your health is your greatest wealth.”
4. What nutrition question annoys you the most? Why?
None. People are really confused and misled. Helping them to understand these issues is important.
Jeff Novick on health food versus healthy food
Now Jeff, finish the following sentences.
5. Fast food is…
…a great idea gone astray.
6. The key to my health success is…
…keeping it simple.
Bonus: Do you have a favorite supplement?
Vit E (exercise) and Vit S (sunshine)!
Jeff Novick on eating plant-based
For more on Jeff Novick, see jeffnovick.com.
Want to get in the best shape of your life, and stay that way for good? Check out the following 5-day body transformation courses.
The best part? They're totally free.
To check out the free courses, just click one of the links below.