PN is looking for a savvy web user experience designer who’s passionate about health, fitness and helping people live their best life.
Precision Nutrition is growing, and we need a creative and technically-savvy digital design expert who will help to take our sales and marketing website experiences to a new level of excellence by creating the intuitive experiences that inspire people to take action. As one of the largest nutrition coaching companies in the world, PN is bigger than it’s ever been — and it’s about to get bigger.
To help us scale, we need a passionate website designer who loves collaborating with others and designing frictionless, beautiful websites that will help our customers live healthier, happier lives.
Join our adventure
We’re embarking on a new adventure, and we need an exceptional website designer who’s creative, innovative and passionate about improving people’s lives.
Jeremy Fernandes, PN Level 1 & 2 Certified
Intro to PN Level 1 Certification
We’ve got an exciting journey ahead of us…Over the next 10 years, Precision Nutrition will be expanding its world-class education and coaching services into a wide range of new fields, including yoga, group exercise, sports coaching, athletics, manual therapy and more.
To help us reach our goals and keep us moving forward, we need a web design expert who knows how to work with a team to build unique, functional digital experiences that can ultimately drive sales growth.
Who we’re looking for
A designer who’s passionate about delighting visitors and inspiring action
You genuinely respect and appreciate your audience.
You understand that the key to great design is understanding your audience and delight them at every stage of their journey. When creating designs, you’re always putting yourself in the visitor’s shoes, questioning whether it’s relevant enough, intuitive enough, interesting enough, and clear enough.
Design is in your blood.
You have a natural affinity for design that tells you when something looks, feels, and sounds good. To you, clumsy user experiences, sloppy design, and ham-fisted copy are as impossible to ignore as a rock in your shoe.
You are an online optimization ninja.
You have a strong understanding of online optimization strategies, web analytics, and A/B testing. You’re obsessed with creating designs that optimize the visitor journey from the first landing page a visitor touches to the “submit order” button. You never settle. Instead you strive for continuous improvement.
You have no problem killing your darlings.
If someone challenges your ideas, you relish the opportunity to get feedback and improve. If you make a bad call, you don’t take it personally — you just figure out what went wrong and learn from it. You have an unfailing “win or learn” mentality, and are known for your resilience in high-stakes situations.
You encourage fearless creativity.
You think big and propose “crazy” ideas. You understand that inspired designs are the ones that get noticed, and that inspiration comes from an open, supportive creative environment.
You’re grounded in delivering business results.
While you appreciate fearless creativity, you balance this with an unflagging focus on the bottom line. At the end of the day, you understand that the designs you create ultimately drive sales, and are always thinking about ways to optimize and improve.
You’re excited about improving people’s health.
Our goal is to help people become healthier. Like us, you’re as passionate about telling stories as you are inspiring people to live their best lives.
You’re a motivating, team-oriented, people person.
You know how to communicate and coordinate. You earn and give respect so that you can collaborate with the team and persuade the right people of your recommendations. Oh, and since you get to do all of this remotely, from the comfort of your home, you won’t be going into an office every day to wrangle the team — so your people skills are truly first class.
You aren’t married to your ideas, and you understand that things change as new information is made available. You can switch gears at the drop of a hat and re-prioritize your work in a fluid, fast-paced environment, and you don’t sweat the small stuff — because your eyes are on the big picture.
You leave your ego at the door.
You have integrity and talent, you’re outgoing, and you have a palpable excitement about the future — without showing it off. You don’t have patience for shadiness, mediocrity, cynicism, or excessive "constructive criticism."
What you’ll be doing
Synthesizing visitor needs and business objectives into a beautiful digital experience that converts
You turn ideas into a reality, by putting (figurative) pen to paper. That means:
- Shaping solutions for user-centered problems. You’ll understand our customers and prospects deeply — who they are, what jobs they hire us for, and the qualitative or quantitative data needed to understand their optimal user experience. You’ll participate in the development of actionable user personas, journey maps and use cases for each audience persona to inform digital experience design and development. You’ll define user goals and requirements in collaboration with product marketing, digital marketing and key team members.
- Developing designs that drive business outcomes. You’ll be accountable for owning and driving the creative vision and visual design for the sales and marketing websites. You’ll make sure design solutions are customer-focused, intuitive and flawlessly executed — and artfully deliver real business results. Acting as a strategist and brand steward, you’ll design digital experiences that are both eloquent and practical and align with the PN brand.
- Integrating insights and gathering feedback. You have the ability to deeply understand and integrate customer needs and our business strategy into exquisite interactive web and mobile designs. You’ll champion a data-driven approach that utilizes analytics, AB testing and customer testing to inform design. You’ll also integrate usability principles and established standards to inform the design process. If you need more information, you’ll do some of your own guerilla user research, hopping on the phone with one of our coaches or checking the Facebook group to identify pain points and improve your design.
- Maintaining and iterating. You aren’t finished once the site is deployed — you’ll continually initiate ideas to enhance the digital experience, improve conversion, and drive sales. You’ll keep up with user feedback and participate in A/B testing to inform improvements and updates over time.
- Define, document and evolve web design standards. You’ll develop and refine standards and guidelines that serve as the foundation for designing cohesive experiences across PN web sites.
A few important caveats
This is a dream job, if you’re the right person for it.
CEO, Tim Jones and Master Chef, Jen Nickle
PN Coaching Winner, Chrystalene and her coach, Kate Solo
Must-Have #1: You must be experienced.
This isn’t your first rodeo. You have at least 5 years of experience as a web site user experience designer for a consumer e-commerce website and have professional knowledge of user-centered design, usability principles and techniques. You know how to code on a basic level or have a strong understanding of how technology affects design. It’s not just about the design, but how it will function too. If you have experience doing user research and developing design systems, that’s a big plus. You must have a portfolio with examples of work to submit—and if you can share the results that work drove for the company, all the better.
Must-Have #2: You must have experience working closely with others on Agile teams.
You have experience working on Agile teams and enjoy working with a multidisciplinary team in an ever-changing, fast moving environment to solve challenges. You won’t just be drafting a design, handing it off, and moving onto the next thing. You’ll be working side-by-side with a small team, constantly iterating and improving.
Must-Have #3: You must be able to wear multiple hats.
PN is not a rigid structure. You’ll have your team, but you may also be asked to hop on another project when it’s needed, or switch gears. If you can heed that call and keep a few balls in the air, you’ll excel here.
Wondering if this is the right path for you?
Every year, professionals at the top of their field choose to join us. Here are some reasons why.
PN team photo
PN team activity
We give you the freedom to “do you.”
Unlike most companies, we don’t have rigid rules about how and when to do things. You’ll always be free to work independently, whenever, wherever, and however you want.
You can work from anywhere.
We’re a 100% remote company, and have been working remote for 17 years. When you join our team, you’re no longer shackled to one desk, one office, one city, or even one country!
Meetings are optional. (No, really.)
You’re an adult. You’re capable of deciding how your time should be spent. If you don’t think you need to attend a meeting, you don’t. Simple as that.
You’ll always feel supported.
In a regular office, it’s easy to feel like a hamster in a wheel, powerless to change things. At Precision Nutrition, we work as a team to overcome issues & barriers that stand in each other’s way, and we treat each other with enthusiasm, compassion, and care.
You’ll never be bored.
People often come to Precision Nutrition after hitting a plateau in their old jobs. At PN, you’ll get the chance to conquer new challenges, learn from the best, and reach thrilling new heights of personal and professional growth.
Plus: no commute ... and no 9-to-5 grind.
Go ahead: schedule work around your kids. Fly to Europe on a moment’s notice. We don’t care where you’re based or what hours you keep, as long as you always give us your best when it counts.
Co-founder Phil Caravaggio describes the amazing perks of working in a fully remote company.