PN is looking for an exceptional marketing designer with a unique blend of creative vision, digital design chops, and business sense who’s passionate about health, fitness and helping people live their best life.
Precision Nutrition is growing, and we need a senior digital-first, hands-on marketing designer who can brainstorm fresh ideas and develop campaigns working with a talented team that captivate audiences. As one of the largest nutrition coaching companies in the world, PN is bigger than it’s ever been — and it’s about to get bigger.
To help us scale, we need a senior designer who can take our creativity to a new level so we can fuel our growth and help millions more people live healthier, happier lives.
Join our adventure
We’re embarking on a new adventure, and we need an exceptional marketing designer with creative vision who’s passionate about improving people’s lives.
Jeremy Fernandes, PN Level 1 & 2 Certified
Intro to PN Level 1 Certification
We’ve got an exciting journey ahead of us… Over the next 10 years, Precision Nutrition will be expanding its world-class education and coaching services into a wide range of new fields, including group exercise, health and wellness coaches, sports coaching, athletes, manual therapy and more.
To help us reach our goals and keep us moving forward, we need a strong marketing designer and creative visionary who loves working with dynamic teams to imagine what’s next, and turn that into inspiring campaigns that drive sales growth.
Who we’re looking for
A exceptional creative with an eye for design and a knack for big, dynamic ideas
You genuinely respect and appreciate your audience.
You understand that the key to great design is understanding your audience. When creating campaigns and designs, you’re always putting yourself in the visitor’s shoes, questioning whether it’s relevant enough, intuitive enough, interesting enough, and clear enough.
You encourage fearless creativity.
You think big and propose “crazy” ideas. You understand that inspired designs are the ones that get noticed, and that inspiration comes from an open, supportive creative environment.
You have no problem killing your darlings.
If someone challenges your ideas, you relish the opportunity to get feedback and improve. If you make a bad call, you don’t take it personally — you just figure out what went wrong and learn from it. You have an unfailing “win or learn” mentality, and are known for your resilience in high-stakes situations.
You bring big ideas to life. You’re not one to sit on the sidelines.
You’re a multifaceted designer and creative ninja who partners with copywriters and content creators to develop visually engaging digital assets: ads, emails, article graphics, infographics, social media posts, website landing page experiences, PDF guides, and e-books that are both beautiful and get noticed. You have the drive to score one design success story after another.
Design is in your blood.
You have a natural affinity for design that tells you when something looks, feels, and sounds good. To you, clumsy experiences, sloppy design, and ham-fisted copy are as impossible to ignore as a rock in your shoe.
You’re grounded in delivering business results.
While you appreciate fearless creativity, you balance this with an unflagging focus on the bottom line. At the end of the day, you understand that the designs you create ultimately drive sales, and are always thinking about ways to optimize and improve.
You’re a motivating, team-oriented, people person.
You know how to communicate and coordinate. You earn and give respect so that you can collaborate with the team and persuade the right people of your recommendations. Oh, and since you get to do all of this remotely, from the comfort of your home, you won’t be going into an office every day to wrangle the team — so your people skills are truly first class.
You’re excited about improving people’s health.
Our goal is to help people become healthier. Like us, you’re as passionate about telling stories as you are inspiring people to live their best lives.
You aren’t married to your ideas, and you understand that things change as new information is made available. You can switch gears at the drop of a hat and re-prioritize your work in a fluid, fast-paced environment, and you don’t sweat the small stuff — because your eyes are on the big picture.
You leave your ego at the door.
You have integrity and talent, you’re outgoing, and you have a palpable excitement about the future — without showing it off. You don’t have patience for shadiness, mediocrity, cynicism, or excessive "constructive criticism."
What you’ll be doing
Deeply understanding our customers and developing fresh ideas and campaigns that drive action
You’ll set creative vision… but also put proverbial pen to paper…
- Getting to know our customers. You’ll collaborate with the research and insights team to understand our customers and prospects deeply — who they are, what jobs they hire us for, and the qualitative or quantitative data needed to create impactful campaigns that resonate and inspire action.
- Developing the creative vision and coming up with fresh, new ideas. You’ll conduct brainstorming sessions with creative and copywriting team members to develop innovative and actionable creative ideas and campaign platforms.
- Developing and overseeing visual design. Acting as a strategist and brand steward, you’ll partner with creative and copywriting roles to develop and oversee design of campaigns and marketing materials that are both eloquent and practical and align with the PN ethos.
- Define, document and evolve brand design and motion graphic standards. You’ll develop and refine creative standards and guidelines that serve as the foundation for designing cohesive marketing campaigns and experiences.
…Getting hands-on with design and development
Collecting data is just the beginning: you’ll then need to turn that data into understandable, actionable recommendations for our marketing teams. You’ll be:
- Developing marketing campaigns that drive business outcomes. You’ll partner with the copywriting team and design partners to develop and oversee the execution of the big idea and campaign platform, including ads, emails, social media posts, and email using photos, video, motion graphics, infographics and more. You’ll make sure design solutions are customer-focused, intuitive and flawlessly executed — and artfully deliver real business results.
- Producing fresh, innovative work with a quick turnaround. You’ll partner with the copywriting team to develop and design ads, infographics, and social posts based on short- and long-term needs, as well as oversee campaign development by agencies and contractors.
- Leading the prioritization and delivery of requests. You’ll prioritize creative and design needs based upon company priorities, and review all creative and designs before they go live to ensure they meet your high quality standards.
- Integrating insights and gathering feedback. You’ll continuously improve by championing a data-driven approach that utilizes analytics, A/B testing and customer testing to inform design. You’ll also integrate leading design principles and standards to inform the design process. If you need more information, you’ll do some of your own guerilla user research, hopping on the phone with one of our coaches or checking the Facebook group to identify pain points and improve your design.
A few important caveats
This is a dream job, if you’re the right person for it.
CEO, Tim Jones and Master Chef, Jen Nickle
PN Coaching Winner, Chrystalene and her coach, Kate Solo
Must-Have #1: You must be experienced.
This isn’t your first rodeo. You have 7+ years of experience in creative strategy and design across a range of digital mediums, with 3+ years of experience working at an agency. You’ve led creative projects from start to finish, developing the vision and the creative platform to overseeing production. You also regularly roll up your sleeves and execute your creative vision. You have a proven track record developing for digital environments and campaigns, and concepts that breakthrough and lead to sales. You have a portfolio that demonstrates your experience and business impact.
Must-Have #2: You must be able to work well with a cross functional team.
You have experience working with and leading multiple diverse teams—internal designers, freelancers, and agency partners—in an ever-changing, fast-moving environment. In addition to drafting a design, handing it off, and moving onto the next thing, you’ll be working side-by-side with a small creative team, constantly iterating and improving.
Must-Have #3: You must know how to design with purpose.
You not only have the creative vision to spark big, inspiring ideas, but you can tie it down into results. Your first-class design sense is accompanied by a strong business sense to achieve both the needs of our customers and PN’s bottom line. And can speak to your experience doing just that at companies and agencies.
Wondering if this is the right path for you?
Every year, professionals at the top of their field choose to join Precision Nutrition.
Here are some reasons why.
PN team photo
PN team activity
We give you the freedom to “do you.”
Unlike most companies, we don’t have rigid rules about how and when to do things. You’ll always be free to work independently, whenever, wherever, and however you want -- without the bureaucracy and office politics.
You can work from anywhere.
We’re a 100% remote company, and have been working remote for 17 years. We’re ideally looking for candidates in Canada, but will consider the US as well. When you join our team, you’re no longer shackled to one desk in one office!
Meetings are optional. (No, really.)
You’re an adult. You’re capable of deciding how your time should be spent. If you don’t think you need to attend a meeting, you don’t. Simple as that.
You’ll always feel supported.
In a regular office, it’s easy to feel like a hamster in a wheel, powerless to change things. At Precision Nutrition, we work as a team to overcome issues & barriers that stand in each other’s way, and we treat each other with enthusiasm, compassion, and care.
You’ll never be bored.
People often come to Precision Nutrition after hitting a plateau in their old jobs. At PN, you’ll get the chance to chart new territories in your space, conquer new challenges, learn from the best, and reach thrilling new heights of personal and professional growth.
You’re free to be you.
At Precision Nutrition, we want everyone to live healthier, happier lives—no matter your race, age, gender, religion, or sexual orientation. That's why diversity is a key ingredient of our workforce, so we can best represent the people we serve. Everyone is welcome—as an inclusive workplace, we want our employees to bring their authentic whole selves to work. Be you.
Plus: no commute ... and no 9-to-5 grind.
Go ahead: schedule work around your kids. Fly to Europe on a moment’s notice. We don’t care where you’re based or what hours you keep, as long as you always give us your best when it counts.
Co-founder Phil Caravaggio describes the amazing perks of working in a fully remote company.