Your Privacy Rights
Under the Privacy Laws, Precision is required to collect, use and disclose personal information only by lawful and fair means. To ensure this accountability, we have developed this policy, and trained our staff about our policies and practices.
What is “personal information?”
Personal information is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be deduced.
Why do we collect personal information from you?
We collect personal information from you to:
- Learn about you and your fitness goals and other related objectives to help you achieve them;
- Create a unique profile on our website in order to provide relevant and targeted offers to you;
- Send you a textbook if you have signed up for our Precision Nutrition Certification Level 1 Program (“PN Certification Program L1”), and provide you with other learning materials if you have signed up for either the PN Certification Program L1 or our Precision Nutrition Certification Level 2 Program (together, the “PN Certification Programs”), that are required for you to complete so you can be certified;
- Send you the Precision Nutrition Guides and/or our book Gourmet Nutrition if you have purchased them (“PN Guides”);
- Include you in our annual cash prize giveaway if you have signed up for our men or women's Precision Nutrition Coaching Program (“PN Coaching Program”) and are eligible to enter this promotion;
- Better understand your preferences and tailor offers and services to you based on those preferences;
- Conduct research and contribute publications to medical and scientific journals aimed at furthering the field of exercise and nutrition science (this data is aggregate or rendered anonymous); and
- Better understand our website usage and trends, to improve our service performance, and build knowledge around user attitudes and motivations around health and fitness.
When will we collect personal information from you?
We will collect information that you provide to us in connection with your use of our services when you:
- register and create an account for our men or women's PN Coaching Programs or the ProCoach Service;
- register and create an account for any of our PN Certification Programs;
- make changes to your user profile information (for the PN Coaching Programs, ProCoach Service, and our PN Certification Programs);
- purchase any of our PN Guides;
- complete offers or surveys through the use of our services;
- enter our annual cash prize giveaway (if you are eligible as a member of our PN Coaching Program); and
- send email messages, queries, or other information to us, including posting our website's Member's Only Forums.
Wherever possible, we collect personal information directly from you. Where applicable, we may also obtain information about you from other sources. That is, if you register for our PN Coaching Program via a third-party social media network, you authorize Precision to collect from the third-party network the personal information you provided in your third-party network account so that we may pre-populate the registration and other relevant fields of your PN Coaching Program user profile. Your use of third-party networks remains subject to the terms and conditions and policies you have agreed to with such third-party network providers.
Types of personal information collected
If you sign up for our PN Coaching Program or PN Nutrition Certification Program, or sign up as one of our ProCoach Clients, you will be required to provide your name, email address, mobile phone number, and payment card information (including your credit card number, expiry date, and CVC/CVV) in order to register.
Note: If you access our Services through one of our ProCoach Clients, Precision is not responsible for and disclaims all warranties and liabilities with respect to your payment arrangements with the ProCoach Client.
If you have registered for the PN Coaching Program, or access the ProCoach Service via our Website, you will need to provide additional information such as alternate contact information, your full home address, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, physical measurements or attributes, and other more detailed information about your lifestyle (including but not limited to: employment, preferences, habits, personal routine) in order create a program account. Specifically, on creating your account, Precision will collected limited medical information about your health in well-being and require a medical release of the same in order to better assess and develop a structured coaching program to help you meet your fitness and health goals.
In addition, as a tool to help you assess your progress, Precision will ask you to upload photographs of yourself periodically (around once a month) that you can request be anonymized. The photo upload feature is optional and you can choose to stop uploading photos at any time. Should you choose to upload photos, these progress photos will only be viewed by Precision coaching staff and will not be otherwise used or disclosed unless you provide your express permission for Precision to do so.
If you register for our PN Certification Program L1, we will need your shipping address in order to provide you with a textbook, as well as other information around your experience and credentials as a health and fitness professional.
If you are purchasing any of our PN Guides, we will need your full name, company, phone number(s), email, shipping and billing address and payment card information in order to effect the transaction and send you the product. In addition, Precision will ask if you are a fitness professional or otherwise work in fitness.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose any additional personal information to any third-party to enable them to market their products and services. Any information provided to any third-party will only be provided at the aggregate or de-identified level such that no individual can be uniquely identified or linked to the information.
Under certain circumstances, Precision will disclose your personal information:
- when we are required our authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a subpoena;
- when you have consented to the disclosure;
- when the services we are providing to you require us to give your information to a third-party your consent will be implied, unless you tell us otherwise; or
- where it is necessary to establish or collect amounts owed to us.
Transfer to Service Providers
In addition to the disclosures listed above, we transfer information to our service providers for processing and/or storage. We require that our service providers use reasonable safeguards to protection personal information under their control from loss, theft and unauthorized modification and disclosure. Our service providers are only permitted to use your personal information in order to provide services to us; for example, the following types of information are provided to our service providers for processing and/or storage:
- Information automatically collected through the website: The information automatically collected about you that is provided to our service providers may include, but is not limited to: device ID, device type, browser type and version, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- Cookies and Web Beacons: Information about your use of our services, as evidenced through cookies, locally stored objects, and web beacons may be disclosed to our service providers. Cookies are small bits of information that are transferred to and stored in separate files within your computer or phone's browser. A cookie may remain on your computer or phone after the session finishes (until the cookie expires or is deleted by you).
In addition, we provide the following information to third-party analytics service providers:
- Information about your activities on our website, including responses to any surveys we may administer; and
We currently use the following third-party partners: Inspectlet (web analytics), KissMetrics (web analytics), Optimizely (web optimization), Qualaroo (surveys), CrazyEgg (web analytics), and a variety of advertising and marketing platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, AdRoll, and Bing.
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Service Providers Outside of Canada
Occasionally we do use service providers located outside of Canada to process and/or store personal information for us. Please note that personal information in the custody of these service providers may be subject to access by the law enforcement authorities of those jurisdictions in which the service providers are located.
Our Privacy Officer, whose contact information is provided below, can provide further information about our policies and practices regarding service providers located outside of Canada and further information about how these service providers, collect, use, disclose or store personal information on Precision's behalf.
Effect of Consent and Withdrawal of Consent
You are free to withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time. However, if you choose to do so, Precision may not be able to perform its services. For example, if you have signed up for our PN Coaching Program and withdraw your consent for Precision to use your uploaded progress photos, you will not be eligible to enter or win our annual cash giveaway or other promotions for body transformation. For more information, or if you have questions about the withdrawal of your consent, please contact our Privacy Officer at the contact details provided below.
Updating Your Information
Since we use your personal information to provide services to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date.
If any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
Precision takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your information are:
- premises security;
- restricted file access to personal information;
- deploying technological safeguards such as security software and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access; and
- internal password and security policies.
Access to Your Personal Information
You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you.
Summary information is available on request. More detailed requests which require archive or other retrieval costs may be subject to our normal administrative fees.
If Precision holds information about you and if you can establish that it is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, Precision will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Can I be Denied Access to My Personal Information?
Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute.
We may deny access when:
- denial of access is required or authorized by law;
- when granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other people's privacy, unless the requested information is severable from the personal information of other people; and
- to protect Precision's confidential commercial information.
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct information, we shall explain why.
Precision does not use your Social Insurance Number, or any other government issued identification, as a way of identifying or organizing the information we hold about you.
How Long do you Keep my Personal Information?
We keep your personal information as long as is reasonably necessary for us to complete our dealings with you, or as may be required by law, whichever is longer.
Communicating with Us
You should be aware that email is not a 100% secure medium, and you should be aware of this when contacting us to send personal or confidential information.
Request for Access
If you have any questions, or wish to access your personal information, please write to our Privacy Officer at:
1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801
If you apply to Precision for a job, we need to consider your personal information, as part of our review process. We normally retain information from candidates after a decision has been made, unless you ask us not to retain the information. If we offer you a job, which you accept, the information will be retained with our privacy procedures for employee records.
On our website, like most other commercial websites, we may monitor traffic patterns, site usage and related site information in order to optimize our web service. We may provide aggregated information to third parties, but these statistics do not include any identifiable personal information.
Last Updated: June 21, 2016